I am currently a 5th year Ph.D. student at Georgia Tech, working with Prof. Taesoo Kim at Systems Software & Security Lab. I am the author of SGX101, an Intel SGX tutorial website with programming examples and reference resources. Before coming to GaTech, I graduated from University of Southern California (USC) with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in 2018.
I am interested in different areas of security & privacy, including Trusted Computing, Edge and IoT Security, System Security, and Reverse Engineering. I have interned at Cisco Research and ByteDance Research.
Currently I am exploring VR/AR/XR Security.
- (04/2022)[Paper] Our paper, "PRIDWEN: Universally Hardening SGX Programs via Load-Time Synthesis", has been accepted to appear in USENIX ATC 2022!
- (04/2021)[Paper] Our paper, "Hardware Support to Improve Fuzzing Performance and Precision", has been accepted to appear in ACM CCS 2021! Congrats to Ren!
Grants and Funding
Cisco Research Funding ($154k)2022
Delivered proposal on defeating next-generation cyber threats in the edge environment.
Resulted in $154k research funding from Cisco.
PRIDWEN: Universally Hardening SGX Programs via Load-Time
Fan Sang, Ming-Wei Shih, Sangho Lee, Xiaokuan Zhang, Michael Steiner, Mona Vij, and Taesoo Kim
ATC'22: In Proceedings of the 2022 USENIX Annual Technical Conference
Carlsbad, CA, USA, July 2022 (Acceptance rate: 64/393=16.3%)
Edge Security: Challenges and Issues
Xin Jin, Charalampos Katsis, Fan Sang, Jiahao Sun, Ashish Kundu, and Ramana Kompella
Hardware Support to Improve Fuzzing Performance and
Ren Ding, Yonghae Kim, Fan Sang, Wen Xu, Gururaj Saileshwar, and Taesoo Kim
CCS'21: In Proceedings of the 28th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security
Seoul, South Korea, Nov 2021 (Acceptance rate: 65/315=20.6%)
P2FaaS: Toward Privacy-Preserving Fuzzing as a
Fan Sang, , Daehee Jang, Ming-Wei Shih, and Taesoo Kim
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) 2022
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland) 2019, 2022
- ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2019
- ISOC Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS) 2020
- ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) 2021
- Usenix Annual Technical Conference (ATC) 2019
- Usenix Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NDSI) 2020